Welcome to A2E Labs, Inc. (“Company“, “we“, “us” or “our“), a AI technology company specializing in generative AI products. Our goal is to move forward avatar creation to the next level using neural networks, deep learning and computer vision technics. We aim to create new ways for people to express their emotions through the camera.
These Terms are a binding contract between you and us. You are accepting and agreeing to these Terms on your behalf or on behalf of the person or entity that you represent. If you are Using A2E on behalf of another person or entity, you represent that you are authorized to accept these Terms on that person’s or entity’s behalf and that such person or entity agrees to be responsible to us if you or the other person or entity violates these Terms.
If you do not agree to these Terms, including the mandatory arbitration provision and class action waiver in Section 15 (Dispute Resolution; Binding Arbitration), do not Use A2E. Your continued Use of A2E will confirm your acceptance of these Terms.
If you have any questions about these Terms or A2E, please contact us via an email firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: A2E uses a Neural Network Model Stable Diffusion that allows users to generate personalized Avatars (“Avatars“). For all the important questions about how Stable Diffusion technology works, you can find answers in their FAQ.
We do not use your Personal Data to generally train and/or create our separate artificial intelligence/products.
We do our best to moderate the settings of the AI model, however, it is still possible that you may encounter content that you may see as inappropriate for you. Also, we expect and appreciate you observing the rules of A2E Use listed in Section 5 of these Terms.
1. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
From time to time and without prior notice to you, we may change, expand, and improve the application. We may also, at any time, cease to continue operating part or all of the application or selectively disable certain features of the application. Your use of the application does not entitle you to the continued provision or availability of the application. Any modification or elimination of A2E or any particular features will be done on our sole discretion.
A2E is not intended for or directed at children. Generally, you should be at least 13 years old or, if you are from the EEA or the UK, 18 years old to use A2E.
General age limitation.
A2E website is not intended for or directed at children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to Use A2E website. If you are under 13, do not:
- Use or provide any information in A2E or through any of its features, or
- provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address.
If you are a parent or guardian and believe we have collected information from your child who is under the age of 13, please contact us (for contact information, please see Section 22: How to Contact Us).
Age limitation for EEA individuals. You must be at least 18 years old in order to Use A2E. We do not allow Use of A2E by EEA individuals younger than 18 years old. If you are aware of anyone younger than 18 Using A2E, please contact us (for contact information, please see Section 22: How to Contact Us), and we will take the required steps to delete the information provided by such persons.
Age limitation for UK individuals. You must be at least 18 years old in order to Use A2E. We do not allow Use of A2E by UK individuals younger than 18 years old. If you are aware of anyone younger than 18 Using A2E, please contact us (for contact information, please see Section 22: How to Contact Us), and we will take the required steps to delete the information provided by such persons.
3. USER ACCOUNTS AND ACCOUNT SECURITY
Certain A2E features or functionalities may require you to register an account with us (“Account“). By creating an Account, you agree to:
- provide accurate, current, and complete information for your Account
- maintain and promptly update, as necessary, your Account information
- maintain the security of your Account login information
- be responsible for all activity that occurs via your account even if that activity is not by you or is without your knowledge or consent, and
- immediately notify us if you discover or otherwise suspect any security breaches related to your Account.
You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality, security and control of your Account login information and for all activities that occur in your Account. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
You may register your Account using a valid account on the app store or marketplace from which you downloaded A2E (e.g. Apple App Store, Google Play, etc.) (each such account, a “Third-Party Account“). By using Third-Party Account to register your Account, you are allowing A2E to access your Third-Party Account as permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your and/our use of such Third-Party Account.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNTS IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS.
5. USER CONTENT
You can upload your photos to A2E and create amazing Avatars. Your original content and your AI-generated content belong to you, and we claim no ownership over such content. You would need to give us a permission to use that content (for our AI to generate you Avatars). You take this permission away when your Avatars are ready.
A2E may allow you to upload, edit, create, store and share content, including photos and videos, as well as generate and download your Avatars (“User Content“). We do not claim ownership over your User Content.
We want you to enjoy the functionality of A2E seamlessly, therefore, we would require a permit (called a license and referenced as a “Company License” explained further) to use your User Content uploaded to the application. We would like to highlight that the Company license is limited within both the purpose of our usage of your User Content and parties we might share this User Content with. Sharing of your User Content would be typically limited to our service providers and/or affiliates, which ensure that the application is functioning as intended. We do not sell or share otherwise any of your User Content with irrelevant third parties and do not receive any proceeds out of its usage, except for ensuring the appropriate functionality and further development of the application.
You acknowledge and agree that our use of your User Content will not result in any injury to you or to any person that you authorized to act on your behalf.
here we impose some rules as to the content you may want to upload. Namely, you must own the photos you upload, and if you don’t, then you must respective rights to upload such content to A2E. Also, in case you wish to upload a photo depicting your friend or someone else other than you, you may do so only with their consent. If you upload someone else’s content to A2E and we receive claims, you will indemnify A2E for such claims (it means that we will ask you to financially compensate us these claims). We encourage you to observe these rules and not harm others using their content without consent.
You represent and warrant that:
- you own the User Content edited and adjusted by you on or through A2E or otherwise have the right to grant the rights and licenses set forth in these Terms
- you agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owed by reason of the User Content you intend to edit and adjust on or through A2E and warrant to us that any usage of third-party User Content is cleared by you with the respective rightholder
- if the User Content depicts third parties, you have received all the necessary consents form them to upload their photos to A2E, and
- you have the legal right and capacity to enter into these Terms in your jurisdiction.
You must not upload, edit, create, store or share any User Content that violates these Terms or to which you do not have all the rights necessary to grant us the Company License described above. You, furthermore, agree to indemnify, defend and hold A2E harmless for any unauthorized use of third-party User Content you might commit (both intentionally or unintentionally) in accordance with Section 11 “Indemnification” of these Terms.
6. PROHIBITED CONDUCT AND CONTENT
TL;DR: The list below describes the prohibited conduct that leads to breach of this agreement between you and us. A2E is made for your entertainment, and we want everyone to respect each other and not ruin the user experience by the misuse of A2E.
You must not violate any applicable contract, intellectual property law, any other applicable law or other third-party rights (including the Company’s rights) or commit a tort, and you are solely responsible for your conduct while Using A2E.
You represent, warrant and agree that you will not Use A2E by uploading the User Content or otherwise (all of the following conduct includes any attempts to perform any of the following):
- To engage in any harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, harassing, threatening, intimidating, predatory, defamatory, obscene, stalking or otherwise objectionable conduct.
- In any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other Users from fully enjoying A2E or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of A2E in any manner.
- To decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any aspect of A2E (such as the source code or non-literal aspects (such as the underlying structure, sequence, organization, file formats, non-public APIs, ideas or algorithms), do anything that might discover the source code, bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit your access to any part of A2E.
- To circumvent any content-filtering techniques we employ or to access any feature or area of A2E that you are not authorized to access.
- To develop or to use any third-party applications that interact with A2E without our prior written consent, including any scripts designed to scrape or extract data from A2E.
- To display, mirror or frame A2E, or any individual element within A2E, the Company’s name, any Company trademark, logo or other proprietary information without our express written consent.
- To use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing the Company’s trademark, logo URL, product or services name without our express written consent.
- To gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any server, computer or database connected to A2E.
- To copy, modify, host, stream, sublicense, or resell A2E, or otherwise Use A2E for any commercial purposes (this excludes selling your User Content).
- For any illegal or unauthorized purpose, or engage in, encourage or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
- To violate any applicable law or regulation.
- To encourage, assist or enable any other party to do any of the foregoing.
Use of Avatars.
- A2E gives you the ability to use AI as a tool to create Avatars and videos, and we claim no rights in the Avatars you generate through our AI.
- You are the one to decide how to use the generated Avatars further, and you are the one accountable for their use. You must ensure that the way you are using your Avatars is not breaking any laws, such as privacy and intellectual property laws, and that such use is not obscene, pornographic, harmful and doesn’t spread harmful misinformation. If you are unsure that your intended use of the Avatars would be legal, we advise you to err on the side of caution, especially if using for commercial purposes.
Due to the fact that we use Stable Diffusion AI technology in A2E for creation of the Avatars, you additionally represent, warrant and agree that you will not Use Avatars feature in the following ways, which are explicitly prohibited under the Stable Diffusion AI technology license (Attachment A), and, in particular:
- In any way that violates any applicable national, federal, state, local or international law or regulation;
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way;
- To generate or disseminate verifiably false information and/or content with the purpose of harming others;
- To generate or disseminate personal identifiable information that can be used to harm an individual;
- To defame, disparage or otherwise harass others;
- For fully automated decision making that adversely impacts an individual’s legal rights or otherwise creates or modifies a binding, enforceable obligation;
- For any use intended to or which has the effect of discriminating against or harming individuals or groups based on online or offline social behavior or known or predicted personal or personality characteristics;
- To exploit any of the vulnerabilities of a specific group of persons based on their age, social, physical or mental characteristics, in order to materially distort the behavior of a person pertaining to that group in a manner that causes or is likely to cause that person or another person physical or psychological harm;
- For any use intended to or which has the effect of discriminating against individuals or groups based on legally protected characteristics or categories;
- To provide medical advice and medical results interpretation;
- To generate or disseminate information for the purpose to be used for administration of justice, law enforcement, immigration or asylum processes, such as predicting an individual will commit fraud/crime commitment (e.g., by text profiling, drawing causal relationships between assertions made in documents, indiscriminate and arbitrarily-targeted use).
We reserve the right to:
- Monitor your Use of A2E to ensure compliance with these Terms, and to comply with applicable law or other legal requirements
- To investigate violations of these Terms or conduct that affects A2E
- To consult and cooperate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute Users who violate the applicable law.
- To, in our discretion and at any time, suspend or discontinue A2E, introduce new features or impose limitations on certain features, or restrict access to A2E.
7.LIMITED LICENSE; COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK
This is to say that everything you see on A2E (apart from your photos or Avatars) is owned or licensed to A2E. And we allow you to enjoy the functionality of A2E to its fullest; if you want to use any A2E elements outside A2E, however, you must ask for our consent first. This includes, for example, using our trademarks or logo.
Everything you read below is NOT about your User Content.
A2E and the text, graphics, images, photographs, videos, audio, music (including but not limited to the Music Content (as defined below)), illustrations, trademarks, trade names, page headers, button and application icons, scripts, service marks, logos, slogans, filters, tools, user generated tools and other content contained in A2E, excluding your User Content (collectively, “A2E Content“) (and intellectual property rights in or to the preceding items) are owned by us or licensed to us and are protected under both United States and foreign laws. Except as explicitly stated in these Terms, we and our licensors, as applicable, reserve all rights, title and interests (including without limitation all intellectual rights) in and to A2E and A2E Content.
Your use of the A2E Content shall always be subject to these Terms and, if applicable, additional terms and conditions that we may communicate to you from time to time, such as terms and conditions from our licensors (such additional terms, “Supplemental Terms“). Such Supplemental Terms are hereby incorporated into these Terms by reference. To the extent of any conflict or inconsistency between these Terms and Supplemental Terms the latter shall govern.
You are hereby granted a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to Use A2E and the A2E Content for your own personal use (“User License“); however, such User License is subject to these Terms and (if applicable) the Supplemental Terms and does not include any right to:
- sell, resell or commercially use A2E or the A2E Content
- copy, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform or publicly display the A2E Content, except as expressly permitted by us or our licensors
- modify the A2E Content, remove any proprietary rights notices or markings, or otherwise make any derivative uses of A2E or the A2E Content, except as expressly set forth in these Terms and the Supplemental Terms
- use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods, or
- Use A2E or the A2E Content other than as expressly provided in these Terms and the Supplemental Terms.
Any Use of A2E or the A2E Content other than as specifically authorized herein, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the User License granted under these Terms and (if applicable) the Supplemental Terms. You will not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the A2E Content.
8. PURCHASES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS
Some functionalities and features of the application are free of charge. We also offer subscription plans that provide access to enhanced services and additional features If you have any questions about your purchases, contact us at email@example.com
Some functionalities and features of the application are free of charge. We also offer subscription plans that provide access to enhanced services and additional features for a fee (“Purchased Content“).
You may only use the Purchased Content if you are over 18 years old (or of age of legal majority where you live, if different), and only on a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable and revocable basis for non-commercial use only.
We are unable to view, access, or modify any financial transactions from Stripe (as defined below) or Paypal for security and privacy reasons. Instead, we would ask that you reach out to the appropriate support team in relation to your subscription to request any refunds.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN AND SUBJECT TO MANDATORY LEGISLATION, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A REFUND FOR THE PURCHASED CONTENT FOR ANY REASON, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MONEY OR OTHER COMPENSATION FOR THE UNUSED PURCHASED CONTENT, WHETHER YOUR LOSS WAS VOLUNTARY OR INVOLUNTARY.
9. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If A2E displays any content that infringes someone’s copyright, please let us know. You can find all the details on how to notify us below.
It is our policy to respect the legitimate rights of copyright owners, and we will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you believe that any text, graphics, photos, audio, music, videos or other materials or works, including any User Content, uploaded, downloaded or appearing on A2E have been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may request removal of that User Content (or access to it) from A2E by submitting a written notification to our copyright agent designated below.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA“), such written notice (“DMCA Notice“) must include substantially the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature as the copyright owner or as a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that has allegedly been infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works (User Content) presented on A2E, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the User Content that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate that User Content on A2E (including the provision of links thereto).
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your name and email address, postal address, and telephone number.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the work in the manner complained of is not authorized by you as the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
If you fail to comply with any of the above requirements to the DMCA Notice, your DMCA Notice may not be effective and, therefore, will be disregarded and not enforced by us. This does not preclude you from sending a follow-up DMCA notice on the same.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that any material, including User Content, or activity within A2E is infringing your copyright or the copyright of a person that you know, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
We will be happy to receive your feedback about A2E. Please note that your feedback is not confidential and we will be able to use it (for example, to display on our website or to post in our social media account).
We welcome any your feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, original or creative materials or other information you submit about us or A2E (collectively, “Feedback“). You can submit Feedback by using “Send Feedback” button in A2E settings, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or otherwise (for addtional contact details, please, see Section 22 of these Terms “How to Contact Us”), or via reviews. Your Feedback is non-confidential and will become our sole property once submitted to us. We will own exclusive rights, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights, in and to your Feedback and will be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of your Feedback for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you. You also have the right to amend and supplement your Feedback to us, which we will take into account to provide accurate information to other users about A2E’s user experience. If we decide to make your Feedback public, we will not use any of your personal data, unless you explicitly consent to it.
if you breach the rules, and we receive claims for it, we may ask you to compensate us financially.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless us and each of our respective officers, directors, agents, partners and employees (individually and collectively, “Company Parties“) from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, expenses or costs (“Claims“) arising out of or related to (i) your Use of A2E; (ii) your User Content or Feedback; (iii) your violation of these Terms; (iv) your violation, misappropriation or infringement of any rights of another (including intellectual property rights or privacy rights); and (v) your conduct in connection with A2E. You agree to promptly notify the Company Parties of any third party Claims, cooperate with the Company Parties in defending such Claims and pay all fees, costs and expenses associated with defending such Claims (including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees). You also agree that the Company Parties will have control of the defense or settlement of any third party Claims. This indemnity is in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other indemnities set forth in a written agreement between you and us or the other Company Parties.
Sometimes the things may not work out as planned. And we don’t claim or guarantee that A2E will always work perfectly. Just as we can’t claim or guarantee that you won’t see any unexpected results while generating your Avatars – it’s very unpredictable, although we are always working on AI’s safety settings.
We do not control, endorse or take responsibility for any User Content (and its loss) or third-party content linked to A2E. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any third-party websites or resources.
Your Use of A2E is at your sole risk. A2E is provided “as is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. In addition, we do not represent or warrant that A2E is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components. You assume the entire risk as to the quality and performance of A2E within your Use.
Magic Avatars feature uses external technology Stable Diffusion AI. Due to this, we cannot fully control the results generated by the Magic Avatars feature, and therefore these Avatars in no way represent our official policy or position on religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, individual, or anyone or anything. We make reasonable efforts to moderate the Magic Avatars feature by configuring the AI setting, which, in any case, are only those that are accessible to us. We do not and cannot moderate the User Content. By agreeing to the Terms and/or purchasing, you agree to the above disclaimer and waive any claims against us due to the generated Avatars and Videos.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Company, as well as Company’s representatives or affiliates (the “Company Parties“) will not be liable to you under any theory of liability — whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, warranty, or otherwise — for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, punitive or special damages or lost profits, even if you have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The total liability of the Company and the other Company Parties, for any claim arising out of or relating to these Terms or A2E, regardless of the form of the action, is limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to Use A2E. In no event will the Company’s total liability arising out of or in connection with these Terms or from the Use of or inability to Use A2E exceed the amounts you have paid to Use A2E or ten ($10) U.S. dollars, if you have not had any payment obligations to the Company, as applicable. The exclusion and limitations of damages set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the bargain between the Company and you.
The limitations set forth in this Section will not limit or exclude liability for fraud or intentional misconduct of the Company or the other Company Parties or for any other matters in which liability cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. Additionally, some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you release the Company and the other Company Parties from responsibility, liability, claims, demands, and/or damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown (including, but not limited to, claims of negligence), arising out of or related to disputes between the Users and the acts or omissions of third parties. You expressly waive any rights you may have under California Civil Code § 1542 as well as any other statute or common law principles that would otherwise limit the coverage of this release to include only those claims that you may know or suspect to exist in your favor at the time of agreeing to this release.
15. DISPUTE RESOLUTION; BINDING ARBITRATION
Please read the following Section carefully because it requires you to arbitrate certain disputes and claims with the Company and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us.
Except for small claims disputes in which you or the Company seek to bring an individual action in small claims court located in the county of your billing address or disputes in which you or the Company seeks injunctive or other equitable relief for the alleged unlawful use of intellectual property, you and the Company waive your rights to a jury trial and to have any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms or A2E resolved in court. Instead, all disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms or A2E will be resolved through confidential binding arbitration held in Santa Clara County, California in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (“Rules“) of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (“JAMS“), which are available on the JAMS website and hereby incorporated by reference. You either acknowledge and agree that you have read and understand the rules of JAMS or waive your opportunity to read the rules of JAMS and any claim that the rules of JAMS are unfair or should not apply for any reason.
ANY ARBITRATION UNDER THESE TERMS BY EITHER YOU OR US WILL ONLY BE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS; CLASS ARBITRATIONS, CLASS ACTIONS, REPRESENTATIVE ACTIONS, AND CONSOLIDATION WITH OTHER ARBITRATIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED. YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO HAVE YOUR CASE DECIDED BY A JURY AND YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION AGAINST US.
You and the Company agree that these Terms affect interstate commerce and that the enforceability of this Section will be substantively and procedurally governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1, et seq. (“FAA“), to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. As limited by the FAA, these Terms and the Rules, the arbitrator will have exclusive authority to make all procedural and substantive decisions regarding any dispute and to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in court; provided, however, that the arbitrator does not have the authority to conduct a class arbitration or a representative action, which is prohibited by these Terms. The arbitrator may only conduct an individual arbitration and may not consolidate more than one individual’s claims, preside over any type of class or representative proceeding or preside over any proceeding involving more than one individual. You and the Company agree that for any arbitration you initiate, you will pay the filing fee and the Company will pay the remaining JAMS fees and costs. For any arbitration initiated by the Company, the Company will pay all JAMS fees and costs. You and the Company agree that the state or federal courts of the State of California and the United States sitting in Santa Clara County, California have exclusive jurisdiction over any appeals and the enforcement of an arbitration award.
ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS OR A2E MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE YEAR AFTER SUCH CLAIM AROSE; OTHERWISE, THE CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED, WHICH MEANS THAT YOU AND THE COMPANY WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASSERT THE CLAIM.
You have the right to opt out of binding arbitration within 30 days of the date you first accepted the terms of this Section by notifying the Company in writing. In order to be effective, the opt-out notice must include your full name and clearly indicate your intent to opt out of binding arbitration. By opting out of binding arbitration, you are agreeing to resolve Disputes in accordance with this Section.
16. GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE
This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of California.
These Terms and your Use of A2E will be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflict of law rules or principles (whether of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. However, some countries (including those in the European Union) have laws that require agreements to be governed by the local laws of the user’s country. This paragraph doesn’t override those laws.
Any dispute between you and the Company that is not subject to arbitration or cannot be heard in small claims court will be resolved in the state or federal courts of California and the United States, respectively, sitting in Santa Clara County, California.
17. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. If we make changes, we will post the amended Terms and update the “Effective date” above. In case we make substantial changes to the Terms, including the changes which might affect your rights, we will always notify you via in-app consent, email, or any other means of communication we may deem fit. If you do not agree to the amended terms, you must stop Using A2E. Your continued Use of A2E after we provide the notice will imply your acceptance of those changes.
18. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time through any of the following methods:
- by following the opt-out links in any promotional email sent to you; or
- through A2E settings on your mobile device; or
- by contacting us at any time at email@example.com or using other contact details in “How to Contact Us” Section of these Terms.
You may opt-out of push notifications by changing the settings on your mobile device.
We reserve the right, without notice and in our sole discretion, to terminate your right to Use A2E. We are not responsible for any loss or harm related to your inability to Use A2E. Upon any termination, discontinuation or cancellation of A2E, all provisions of these Terms, which by their nature should survive, will survive, including without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, limitations of liability and dispute resolution provisions.
20. EXPORT AND ECONOMIC SANCTIONS CONTROL
The application and artificial intelligence may be subject to export and re-export control laws and regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) maintained by the U.S. Department of Commerce, trade and economic sanctions maintained by the Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”), and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) maintained by the Department of State. You represent and warrant that you are (1) not located in any country or region that is subject to a U.S. government embargo, and (2) are not a denied party as specified in the regulations listed above.
21. ADDITIONAL TERMS APPLICABLE TO IOS DEVICES
The following terms apply if you Use A2E on any device that contains the iOS mobile operating system (“App“) developed by Apple Inc. (“Apple“).
- Acknowledgement. You acknowledge that these Terms are concluded solely between you, and not with Apple, and us, not Apple. We are solely responsible for the App and the content thereof. You further acknowledge that the usage rules for the App are subject to any additional restrictions set forth in the usage rules for the Apple App Store terms of service as of the date you download the App, and in the event of any conflict, the usage rules in the Apple App Store shall govern if they are more restrictive. You acknowledge and agree that you have had the opportunity to review the Apple usage rules.
- Scope of License. The license granted to you is limited to a non-transferable license to use the App on any iPhone, iPod touch or iPad that you own or control as permitted by the Apple usage rules set forth in the Apple App Store terms of service.
- Maintenance and Support. You and us acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App.
- Warranty. You acknowledge that Apple is not responsible for any product warranties, whether express or implied by law, with respect to the App. In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price, if any, paid to Apple for the App by you; and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App. You and the Company acknowledge that to the extent that there are any applicable warranties, any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any such applicable warranty would be the sole responsibility of the Company. However, you understand and agree that in accordance with these Terms, the Company has disclaimed all warranties of any kind with respect to the App, and therefore, there are no warranties applicable to the App.
- Product Claims. You and the Company acknowledge that as between Apple and the Company, the Company, not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims relating to the App or your possession and/or use of the App, including, but not limited to (i) product liability claims, (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement, and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- Intellectual Property Rights. You and the Company acknowledge that, in the event of any third party claim that the App or your possession and use of the App infringe third party’s intellectual property rights, the Company, and not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required under these Terms.
- Legal Compliance. You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted persons.
- Developer Contact Details. Any questions, complaints or claims with respect to the App should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Third-Party Terms of Agreement. You agree to comply with any applicable third-party terms when using the App.
- Third-Party Beneficiary. You and the Company acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms, and that, upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof).
22. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, complaints or claims with respect to these Terms or A2E, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us relating to A2E and your Use of A2E, and these Terms supersede and replace any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between the Company and you relating to A2E and your Use of A2E.
- The language of these Terms is the English language only.
- You hereby irrevocably waive any law applicable to you requiring that these Terms shall be localized to meet your language (as well as any other localization requirements), or requiring a delivery or retention of non-electronic records.
- The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The waiver of such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of the Company.
- Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise.
- If any provision of these Terms is held invalid and unenforceable (either by an arbitrator appointed pursuant to the terms of the Dispute Resolution; Binding Arbitration Section above or by court of competent jurisdiction), that provision will be enforceable to the maximum extent permissible, and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect. The Section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
- Except as otherwise provided herein, these Terms are intended solely for the benefit of you and the Company and are not intended to confer third party beneficiary rights upon any other person or entity.
- You may not assign or transfer your rights under these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer your rights under these Terms, without such consent, will be null and of no effect. We may freely assign or transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.